Following a competitive tender, Clifford Devlin won a soft strip and asbestos removal project at a former police station in Belgravia.
- Removal of any identified asbestos containing materials prior to demolition works
- Removal of suspended ceilings
- Removal of raised access floors
- Removal of remaining partitions
- Removal of services above ceilings, below raised access floors.
- Removal of basement and 4th floor plant
- Removal of remaining non-loadbearing partitions
- Stripping out of existing WC’s (retaining WCs on Groundfloor level for the refurbishment phase)
- Isolation of existing lifts
- Clearance of debris arising to licensed recycling / disposal sites.
Asbestos was removed as per the R+D survey and Clifford Devlin keep thorough records of the asbestos removal process, including surveys, assessments, work plans, and disposal records, for compliance and liability purposes.
Quantities of imported materials were kept to a minimum. Reducing the use of imported materials is crucial for several reasons, including environmental sustainability, resource conservation and economic efficiency. The bulk of the imported materials were for making areas safe.