Clifford Devlin was commissioned to carry out an enabling-works package to facilitate the remodelling of parts of the interior of Twickenham Stadium in order to create room beneath the stands for additional concessionary areas.
The initial works included soft strip and structural demolition of four toilet facilities as well as break-up of ground floor slab to install new drainage architecture including make-good.
The original 24-week project was extended to include considerable variations and additional works. These included:
- Excavation and formation of trenches to allow access from plant rooms to pitchside
- Extensive builder's work package internally and externally for M&E works
- Removal of ceilings and installation of steelwork to facilitate an extensive M&E upgrade
- Demolition and new drainage to home, away and referees' dressing rooms
- Resurfacing of the main entrance area