Clifford Devlin has won a competitive tender to be appointed the main contractor for a demolition, strip-out and asbestos removal project in Nine Elms.
The city centre project where confined space and the proximity of sensitive receptors (e.g. residential property, offices, pedestrians) present unique challenges have meant that we have adapted sophisticated techniques to minimise disruption to the local community and our impact on the environment.
Scope of Works:
- Service disconnections (to be arranged by the client)
- Erection of hoardings to secure site
- Removal of any identified asbestos containing materials prior to demolition works
- Erection of temporary works as necessary
- Soft strip all structures
- Scaffold erection
- Demolition of structures down to ground slab level
- Removal of ground slabs and hard standings as required
- Removal of foundations to a depth of 1.5m below existing ground levels
- Clearance of debris arising to licensed disposal/ recycling sites
The works are enabling works for the proposed scheme which consists of the development encompassing residential units.