Clifford Devlin joined forces with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to deliver a seminar on the commercial aspects of asbestos management. Arranged through the RICS Matrics programme, the seminar was delivered to 25 delegates at the Montcalm Hotel in the City of London. The 60-minute presentation was followed by a networking session with complimentary refreshments in the Hotel’s private bar.
The seminar entitled “How to Save a Small Fortune on Asbestos Management” was presented by Paul Clarke-Scholes of Clifford Devlin’s Asbestos Division and introduced by Fergus McCloskey, Managing Director of asbestos consultancy Global Environmental.
It contained ten tips / trade secrets to help Quantity Surveyors, Cost Consultants and Project Managers to save costs on asbestos surveying, air testing and removals. Topics covered included:
- Ways to limit damage during surveys/removals
- How to reduce overall costs by 30% as tax relief
- What information to share with the consultant
- How to provide more cost certainty
- Methods to minimise survey exclusions and avoid ‘out of hours’ work
- How Priority Risk Assessments and remediation specifications can reduce removal costs
- Planning-in contingencies
- Ways to reduce costs of air testing
Surveyors who attended represented a number of leading practices including Aecom, DHP, Deloitte Real Estate, Arcadis, Beadmans, GVA, Savills and Turner & Townsend.
For more information about this seminar or to book a presentation at your company please contact email@example.com.